Recipe by Teresa Dotson, RD, CDN
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fish sauce or 4 anchovies (can also substitute soy sauce)
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
16 ounces Tuscan kale or other kale, center stalks removed, thinly sliced crosswise.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender; purée until smooth.
- With machine running, slowly add oil, drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing.
- Transfer dressing to a bowl and stir in Parmesan.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Toss dressing with kale in large bowl, can be prepared up to six hours in advance.